Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Hotpoint FFFL 2010K has started making an unbearable noise

Customer Question

My Hotpoint FFFL 2010K has started making an unbearable noise when cooling.It sounds like the fan blades hitting something during operation.Both the fridge and freezer seem to be working ok.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your fridge?
Also can you tell me what general area is coming from.
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

The fridge freezer is 3 years old and the noise seems to be from the right hand side of the fridge compartment.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John, Do you have any heavy frost on the walls especially in the freezer or fridges compartment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, there isn't any frost.It's supposed to be a frost free freezer.I have heard the noise once before about a fortnight ago when the weather was really hot.The sun was shining through the window and making the side of the fridge quite hot.I thought this was the problem and pulled down the blinds and then switched the power off then back on again.Today is the first time I have heard the noise since then.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John,
i know that one is a frost free but sometimes when the frost free mech fails this will happen as ice can form behind the rear walls.
I need to know if you can isolate where the sound is coming from , it may be as simple as a fan.
please let me know.
Tech Michael