Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Washing machine - Classixx 6, 1200 Express.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Washing machine - Classixx 6, 1200 Express. Just lately there is an unpleasant mouldy smell inside the drum and the washing no longer has that nice fresh smell.
I have had the detergent drawer out to clean and have emptied the pump. I have also poured 1 litre of water and drained as suggested in the operating instructions.
Any suggestions?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me what temperature you wash most clothes at?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Usually 30

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greta

OK

This is becoming more of a regular issue.
In these "green" days, we all tend to wash clothes at lower temperatures than we used to.
This leads to a build up of detergent and bacteria. This can cause bad smells and a build up of "gunge" in the folds of the door seal.
This builds up over time and will not go away instantly.
You need to run the longest hottest wash. You should add a cup of bleach and a teaspoon of powder and no clothes. Let it do the full programme. You need to do this periodically.
Over time the mix of the bleach and the high temperature will break down the bacteria and the smell. BUT you will need to do this to prevent further build up.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Followed your instructions and it smells much sweeter. However, I had a soapy flood on the floor!

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greta

You must make sure not to put too much powder in, otherwise the bleach makes it foam up

Glad its smelling better !

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I used a teaspoon of powder like you said

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Perhaps yu live in an area with very soft water?

Thanks for letting me know

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have a water softener!

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Greta

Thanks for letting me know

That explains it

Rob