JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Just fitted a Ebay used purchased Outer door lock for Dyson

Customer Question

Just fitted a Ebay used purchased Outer door lock for Dyson Cr01.
On cottons it is sometimes OK, but usually the Outer Door Lock sticks and even fiddly to open with Manual release.
Is there an adjustment
I still have the old Outer Door Lock
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, to confirm you replaced the "inter door lock" not the catch on the handle?

The door lock isnt adjustable, my guess is the hinge has dropped or door buckled which is causing the issue, have a look at the hinge side and see if you can tighten it to bring it back in line.

J

Customer:

Dyson renewed EVERYTHING under their £99 scheme. Absolutely EVERYTHING.

Customer:

So the only item is this door lock complete with 2 solenoids & manual override Plastic strip with small teeth.

Customer:

If it is a straight forward replacement, as I think it is, then it must be the lock and I was trying to see if it can be adjusted etc, which I can see no way in doing so.

Customer:

Many thanks anyway.

Customer:

Customer:

Derek

JamesInch :

Hi I am sorry you feel I have provided poor service, as stated the lock cant be adjusted.

JamesInch :

Is there anything else I can help clarify for you to change your view of the service I have provided to you today?