Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Diplomat 700Ga gas double oven. the piolet light comes

Customer Question

I have a Diplomat 700Ga gas double oven. the piolet light comes on but oven will not heat up. I have replaced the thermostat and the solenoid but still nothing, can anyone help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
Does yours have an clicking type igniter or a glow element to light the burner?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a clicking type igniter

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
Does it click? Also if so how long before it stops?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The igniter works because the piolet light comes on

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for that, but it has one or the other. either it has a clicker to light the pilot or it has a pilot light or an electrical igniter that simply glows red hot.
Got to be one of those.
Please let me know, and I can assist you with this problem.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already said it has a clicker that lights the piolet gas light. This and the oven light comes on as soon as you turn the oven on. The oven never come upto tepreture, the oven does not light?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
hi thanks Mark the trouble you are having is a bad Thermocouple.
Its a safety device that will not let the oven ignite fully (only the pilot) until the it senses the flame from the pilot.
In you case it isn't sensing the pilot is all.
If you are handy I can help you replace that part but if not it would be best left to a gas repairman.
I still can help you get the part for a good price then you can have someone install it for you unless you want to do that with my help?
I will stick with you in any case.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please not it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Mark and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is what I thought it could be but not sure where to get one from, is it called a thermocouple or something else. The only part I have found that I think it could be is an electrode?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi , yes the issue is for sure the thermocouple safety device.
The best place to get that is Espares.
I have listed all their contact information below for you.
Even if you order the part, but have a GAS TECH REPLACE IT THAT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY;-)
Or I will assist you if you feel you have the skills and tolls to do this.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I ring Espares will they be able to supply something not on there web site?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi a lot of the time yes they can source it better that way as I mentioned;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
f
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Espares has told me that the thermocouple is part of the burner, this sounds like a big job. I am not sure if I xan take it on myself. Is it easier than replacing the thermostat?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mark the thermocouple isnt really a big job, but that is best done by a plumber or someone who has done these before as its an important safety component.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If it was just the thermocouple I could replace it but how do you replace the burner?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
The burner is pretty easy to replace if you want to do that as well. It basically is just held in place with a few screws;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to replace the burner as the thermocouple comes with it complete?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes it looks like they sell the whole assembly together.
Sometimes they bundle it this way;-)
But at least you wont have any more trouble with that one.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
6
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have not replied as I still need to buy the new part, but this will be next month now. I will probably need your help when I do though.

Thanks for your help so far

Mark

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mark thats fine I will still be here when you are ready;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have just bought the part, can you give me a run through as to what I need to do to fit it?

Mark

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mark, just to be sure, please describe the part they sent you;-)
Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The is the burner c/w igniter and thermocouple. I have checked it is the right part.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi that is the correct part;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know it is the correct part, can you tell me how to fit it please?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi as I mentioned this is best done by a plumber at least or better yet a gas technician unless you gas experience as this could cause a serious safety issue if not done correctly.
If you do have the tools and the experience, please open the back of the unit, there you will see exactly how it goes. Please keep in mind, most gas fitting screw off in the opposite direction. Make sure the gas is off and the electric if you are going to attempt this.
I will be here once you have access to it all;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for advice on getting the correct part but I have fitted it now, it was easier than I thought. Until next time.

Mark

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mark is it working as it should now?
Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, yes I fitted the part and it is working as it should.

Mark

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Mark;-)