KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi we have a 7 series LCD television and we now receive a picture

Customer Question

Hi we have a 7 series LCD television and we now receive a picture when the tele is turned on where the left side of the picture has a flickering double image with broad lines running through it. This has been happening for a long time now and is getting progressively worse as it remains on for longer now after switching the tele on. Initially it only lasted a few minutes but now remains like this for approximately half hour. We have now had this tele for nearly 6 years. Could you please advise.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and are you using HDMI or component cables ?

Customer:

LE40R7

Customer:

We are using HD7 I

Customer:

Sorry that should be HDMI

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks...from what you have described it sounds like a power supply issue. The power supply on these models include the high voltage inverter which supply voltage to back-light ... if you are willing to do this yourself then leave the unit unplugged and take the back off the TV...then check the board where power cord plugs in

KevinWhiteJA :

If you get a tech. involved then the cost of repair/replacement will be around £120-£150 including parts

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks