Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

We have a built in siemens oven in Kitchen. The support rack

We have a built in siemens oven . In the lower oven the support rack which holds the shelves and is attached to side of oven has come away. The small round housing inside the oven into which the support rack fixes has come off.  It looks like it is held in place by something on outer side of oven.

I have pulled oven out and was hoping to see the problem but there is a side panel (held by at least a dozen screws) that is preventing me from accessing where it appears that the bushel housing bracket should be located.

Can I safely remove the side panel?. How do I remove it. It looks like there is heat insulation under the panel.

Product(E) Number HB15N550B Siemens built in oven.

Type HBB - EP34-7

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, you can safely remove the side panel.
You'll need to move the insulation out of the way too so you can access the part.
If you need the parts, then part number #420673 is the part I think you are referring to. (search this number on www.espares.co.uk)
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Seems like a lot of screws securing the panel. Is it simply a matter of removing them all. Will the panel then just lift off?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
If the top overlaps the side panel, the top comes off first.
Yes, you take the screws out and take the panel off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have one final question.

The top does overlap sides unfortunately, are there any wires / pipes that I need to be worried about with regard to top panel or does it simply lift off once unsecured.

Thankyou for your help.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No, no wires.
Take the screws out and lift the panel off.
Take the screws holding the side panel on and take it off.
Then it should be a case of moving the insulation out of the way and fitting the part.
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK