Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have a N3000 fridge in my 2013 registered motorhome.

Customer Question

I have a N3000 fridge in my 2013 registered motorhome. Fridge has been fine on gas the dozen or so times I have used it, however, the last couple of times the fridge stays on for about 30 mins then the lights start to blink. The gas tanks are full & turned on & the fridge works fine on battery & EHU.
I have been mindful to cover the vents when washing & storing the van & removing the covers before use.
It would save me a lot of hassle if this can be solved at home rather than going to a repair centre.
Thank you in anticipation.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello sorry to hear that.
This is an issue either with he main control board or the thermocouple(a safety device) that is shutting it down because its not sensing the flame. Its a common issue believe it or not.
Since it is still under warranty your best bet is to contact the store of purchase or the manufacturer, they will schedule a free repair for you;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please not it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you not able to specify which of the two issues is the most likely?

Ral

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your reply,
without a way to test this it really could be either one. I am leaning toward the circuit board because if the thermocouple were bad, it would likely shut off almost immediately.
If the board is the problem, it could run for a period of time then cut off. The reason is that it takes the board a bit of time to read all the sensors and make the decision to kill gas to the supply to the fridge;-)
Hope that helps.
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me, if it is a common issue why has this problem not been rectified to a state where it is no longer a common issue?

Ral

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ral, there are many reasons this happens. But there have been a few of reports on these boards failing very early on. this happens when a component comes in that seems ok.
this can happen if a Tech that is building the board isn't on his game. It can also be caused by failing components that have been subject to static electricity(extremely high voltage)(which they can not handle).
Also sometimes the circuit boards are defective and flex too much , Ral there are so many reasons. Electronics can fail at any time.
Even Space agencies face this and they pay a whole lot more than we do for the same exact thing.
Yes there items are scrutinized but still fail.
That is about all I can tell you.
But since the unit is still under warranty as you say, call then they will fix it no cost to you;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed but If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Thank you Ral and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael