Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hi - I have a Potterton Gold boiler which has a Seimens wireless

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Potterton Gold boiler which has a Seimens wireless thermostat connected.
The display on the front of the boiler shows a number in the mid twenties, and when running hot water this number goes up to 70. It then returns to a low number when the water stops running. I don't believe this is correct, but we have running hot water.
We are unable to get the boiler to switch on via the wireless thermostat. Have tried resetting it, but the boiler still won't fire up. Is it possible to override the wireless stat to get the heating working?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Plumberpro : Hi . Have you replaced the batteries in the wireless control
Plumberpro : You can overide the stat , but it may have lost connection as well ,
JACUSTOMER-kk65zfm9- :

yes. I have replaced the batteries. The receiver seems to accept the signal from the wireless thermostat, but does not fire up the boiler.

JACUSTOMER-kk65zfm9- :

also, should the number on the display on the boiler be as low as 25 ? does this number reflect the water temperature ? as soon as the hot water is turned on the number quickly moves up to around 70. Then drops again as soon as the water stops running

JACUSTOMER-kk65zfm9- :

is it easy to override the stat ?

Plumberpro :

That number will relate to the hot water when taps are run .when the heatings on the number will relate to that temperature . is there a button on the receiver Of the wireless stat ?

Plumberpro :

If you have the model of the Siemens stat , I can look up the manual and check not for you

Plumberpro :

Check it for you

JACUSTOMER-kk65zfm9- :

I will have to look when I get home. thanks

Plumberpro :

Ok . no probs .

Plumberpro : Hin. How did you get on ? Do you need any more help? If not could you please rate me ok or above, thanks
Plumberpro :

.

Plumberpro :

Hello . do you still require help . your question is about to time out