Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung BQ1 twin convection oven.

I have just purchased a Samsung BQ1 twin convection oven. The single mode works fine but when I try and use twin cooking or upper or lower modes as per the manual, it does not work. There are just 2 rows of 4 horizontal lines lit on the right hand side of display screen and I cannot select either function or temperature. I have made sure the divider is in place. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that.
Did you buy this oven new?
Also is there one element that never comes on even when you try to select it?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Purchased today - just hoping its finger trouble but I doubt it. Don't get to the point where I can say if an element works or not (although everything sems ok on the single mode). When I select twin, upper or lower cooking mode and press the compartment button, it beeps and the 2 rows of lights light up on the display screen. The compartment figure does not blink and the selector knob does not change the function.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry for the delay, but no you didn't do anything wrong;-)
This one unfortunately has an electronic failure.
But you are in good shape as its still fully covered.
Simply call the store of purchase for a replacement or even the manufacturer, they will likely offer you a choice, either a refund, repair or replacement. I would not settle for repair of a brand new unit agree?
But yes they will take care of this for you;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael