Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Stoves EHa600h, just replaced the grill element and I recall

Customer Question

Stoves EHa600h, just replaced the grill element and I recall only three wires to be reconnected, two black, one green but now I have a forth orange one, and although the oven was working before replacement I now have nothing coming on not even the clock, and ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, Which wire did you connect to where?
Also did you make a note of the wiring?
This sounds like you may be correct, but the other wire likely the orange one may have fell off the controller.
Also make sure you do have power back on to the unit after you check this.
I will be here if you need me.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there is a green wire that goes below the two black ones on the element (Ithink this is what I disconnected), I do not recall disconnecting a orange one, tried the black ones on either side onto the element but nothing. The orange one I tried on two of the three empty connectors on thing that sits on top on the oven, is this the controller?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks thats what I thought lol.
Please open the back behind the controller clock, that orange wire likely goes onto one of the terminals, its the supply line;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there is no box behind the controller clock and no spare terminal, nor would it stretch that far, I'm not prepared to rate at this point as it appears we are not even talking about the same appliance.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I do understand, but am not sure which wire you removed.
Also there are connectors on the controller.
As for that wire, make sure you have plenty of room to work and light and see if one of the wires reaches to another contact back there. It obviously goes somewhere and sure sounds like the main feed especially since you have no clock power. Also if any of those wires are disconnected something wont work. But since its the clock(controller) the issue really is no power to the clock, and thats where power goes first;-)
Please let me know what you find there as they don't have a diagram on line for that model.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there is what I would call a circuit board on top of the oven with three spare terminals. I have tried all three. input 1 blank, input 3 blank and output, the output has a dual terminal on it with one brown wire going to the fan. I ahve also tried swapping the two black wires that are connected directly to the element but still no joy.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joe, I will unlock this to see if another tech can help you.
All the best;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok