Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

Amana double wall oven ACO27DE1 - I have to push the Bake

Customer Question

Amana double wall oven ACO27DE1 - I have to push the 'Bake' button in very hard to switch the oven on. A light touch and it doesn't work. I believe this has happened through usage - we use this button more than any other on the keypad. How do I fix this?
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Jon :

Jon :

My name is ***** ***** I am an authorized Maytag service tech and I can help you today

Jon :

This is actually a common problem with this model machine.

Jon :

The relay on the control board for the bake option has become very worn down. And will now take more force to get the relay to make good contact on the control board.

Jon :

There is only one way to partially fix this problem. And that is to heat the control board and touch pad so that the relays behind it make better contact again.

Jon :

I suggest you take a hair dryer and blow hot air over the control board and touch pad by fanning the hot air back and forth. And while doing that rub the palm of your hand over the touch pad as you blow the hot air over it.

Jon :

Do this for about 10-15 mins going back and forth with the hot air and the palm of your hand and this will loosen and free up the relays behind the board. And should help with the buttons.

Jon :

If that doesn't help then the only thing you can do is replace the control board and touch pad assembly.

Jon :

Do that test and get back to me here and tell me how it works for you? And if it doesn't tell me that as well and I will see what I can do about getting part info for you. And possibly getting the parts at a discount for you.

Jon :

Please also remember to positively rate my performance below this chat with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions or concerns about this machine please feel free to get back to me here again at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try to rectify the problem as Jon has advised.

However, I would very much like him to try and obtain the spare part required to repair the fault in case it becomes necessary.

Could you please organise this for me?

Many thanks.

Mrs. Peggy Brett

Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Peggy,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated. I am almost certain that the heating of the control board and touchpad will work for you. But if for some reason it doesn't here is the part information you will need.

ERC board part number Y0305159. It is currently discontinued but you can contact a company that will repair the board you have in your machine now. Call the following number and they will advise what you need to do. Repair And Return Program Is Available For This Board Please Call 1-866-278-8380 With Your Part # For Details.

If you need any other info please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not had time to follow your instructions - as soon as I have tried to rectify the problem with the 'Bake' button I will let you know if I have been successful.

If not - I will contact the telephone number you sent to me.

With many thanks.

Peggy Brett

Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
You got it Peggy. Just get back to me here when you have time to do it and let me know what happens.