JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

HI, Our dishwasher will not switch on. I have tried the fuse

HI, Our dishwasher will not switch on. I have tried the fuse in the plug, I have tested the socket. The product Number is ***** The Serial Number is ***** SN 017119. Any Ideas, I wondered if there was a fuse inside the applience?
Thanks Mike
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi Mike there isnt a fuse inside the dish washer, well not one that should be a consumable replacement part, there are self resetting.

JamesInch :

If your not getting any power to the unit, my guess is this is a main board or power distribution failure, which would mean replacing parts.

It may be a fault switch but unlikely, as you would often see power come to the unit as you push the button in, but go off as you release.

The next step would be taking the machine apart and testing the circuit with a multi meter.

Customer:

Thank you James. I have now sussed the problem, it was all to do with the timer (Phew)

Customer:

I