JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

HI, I have a zanussi zw2125 integrated washing machine. We

Customer Question

HI, I have a zanussi zw2125 integrated washing machine. We have just got back from holiday and have tried to use the machine, it works for 5mins then stops. the displays goes straight to 1 from whatever programme you use. there is no E number fault and also the spin cycle works ok as well. Any ideas please? Steve
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi this sounds like a power supply \ electrical fault, where the machine is losing power and then tripping it self back to default (program 1).
Obviously causes which can be checked without taking the machine apart are the plug and socket (at they making good contact, does the machine stop\go off when you wiggle the plug in the socket).
Check the flex from the plug to the machine, any signs of damage to it.
Set it on a spin only cycle and see if it goes off, then set it to a rinse cycle, if it goes off straight away on a spin cycle its likely a loose connection (vibration caused during spinning causing something to disconnect \ short), if it goes off on a rinse its more likely to be a load based fault a component which is near end of life.