JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My hoover vision hd 8kg is not working, when i press start

Customer Question

My hoover vision hd 8kg is not working, when i press start it just makes a humming noise
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi, this sounds like a motor failure, it may be the motor has burnt out or seized.
Some time it can be due to an electrical \ board failure, however without removing the case and testing the components with a multi meter I cant really diagnose which part needs replacing.
More often than not motors just needs a new pair of brushes, the good news is that your not going to be wasting your time calling out an engineer for something you can fix by simply unplugging the appliance, or holding in a button, this is a hardware fault, but one which shouldnt be overly costly to repair.