Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Maytag MSE760 dishwasher which has a problem. Can

Customer Question

I have a Maytag MSE760 dishwasher which has a problem. Can anyone help with this?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi good morning,
Please describe your issue in detail so I can assist you here;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning. The waste outlet to the dishwasher (shared with the sink) became blocked which I believe started the problem. I have now cleared this but the dishwasher drain pump is working continuously (and drains any water poured in). This happens even if I switch the machine off (although not if I turn the power off). It is as if the machine is locked mid cycle and I need to 're-boot' it.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi David, thanks,
look inside the dishwasher on the floor see if ou see a pin or something that looks like a float switch. It may be stuck in the UP position which will cause this;-)
Yours may be down below in the sump but usually on these its on the floor;-)
Press it back down if you find it, either way let me know what you find.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you David and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - I am not sure if there is an accessible float switch on this model. There is nothing I can see on the floor (I have checked that the pump blades are free) and in the manual it states something along the lines of 'call engineer'.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dave, the problem you are having is definitely a stuck or failed float switch, it may be on the floor or in the sump which is more difficult to access .
And with what happened(and its normal) that will cause this. You may not want to tear into the thing yourself and I understand that. But at least you know its really not a serious expensive repair;-)
Its not the main control board or anything like that just the switch got gummed up or failed because of this event.
I will stick with you in ant event no matter what you want to do but please rate kindly so I can keep this question alive and at no additional cost to you.
Have a great day and I will be here for you;-)
I know you have to wash the dishes lol Sorry for now, but it is worth fixing either way. I will help if you want to get further into this.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any idea where the switch might be in this model? I cannot find anything in the drain/pump chamber or in the salt chamber. If I remove the front access panel under the front door will anything be there?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi it wouldnt be there ,
As I was saying that switch is either on the floor inside the dishwasher or down below in a part called the sump.
You may need someone to fix this for you because if you dont want to really get into that and take a lot apart it may be best but keep me posted and I will help if you feel confident and have the tools for this;-)
Tech Michael