Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The On / Off button on Prestige Dishwasher PRT141DW-U is stuck

Customer Question

The On / Off button on Prestige Dishwasher PRT141DW-U is stuck in a depressed position. The machine is off.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today. Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details. We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you. How old is your dishwasher? Also when and how did that happen? Thank you for your patience! Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dishwasher is about 2 years old. The button was pressed at the end of the wash cycle as per normal, but went in further rather than returning to the "off" position and stayed there.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, thanks.
Those buttons sometimes can fail as they aren't a very good design. To fix this you will need to replace the switch, it comes with the button as well. Its not expensive and easy to replace i will help you do that when you have that part.
The best place to get that part for price and reliability is partmaster.
Here is their phone # ***** its best to call on this for that switch to be sure you get the correct one;-)
Please call: 0344(###) ###-####
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Nick and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, I have ordered the switch complete with button which should arrive next week. Happy to rate you as good but am unsure how to contact you when I have the part for guidance in replacing the switch?

Nick

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick sounds good, if you rate my service thus far now, you will be able to contact me anytime simply by replying to any of our messages, no additional cost, I will help you fit the new switch;-)
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

The switch has arrived and ready to be fitted.

The main panel appears to be held by 12 screws around the outer rim, with a further 2 screws holding the Facia door.

Can you confirm the screws I need to remove and advise me of any problems I may encounter.

Nick

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, yes you need to remove those screws carefully and I would only go as far as to where you can remove the switch and re connect the new one.
But I will be here all day if you run into trouble;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Have located the problem, the switch is not broken, but the plastic housing that keeps the switch in place has. I have temporarily fixed it with some gaffa tape, however that will not last. I assume I need to get the complete plastic unit that houses all the switches and electrics unless there is a quicker and easier solution?

Nick

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, if the plastic hosing is the issue you need to ask for that. Its very rare that the plastic holder fails but in your case maybe?
You really should replace that.