Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hello, We have four Baxi Brazilia F8S room heaters. 2 work

Customer Question

Hello, We have four Baxi Brazilia F8S room heaters. 2 work OK but 2 will not stay lit. They light up OK but go out after a few minutes. The Corgi engineer who fitted them has tried to fix the problem without success. Can you help, please?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : Do you have the GC no> as they have made many diiferent ones?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi . your thermocouples sound like they need replacing . these are probes that sit in the flame once lit and sense the burner is lit before allowing high flame . if the thermocouple are faulty the gas valve will lock out . this is a common fault that occurs as the probes degrade over time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You ask for the GC No. It is 35 075 03A

Its ok . I don't need the GC . the model was sufficient
Hi . did you receive the info regarding thermocouple
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I did. Thank you. I'll get our gas engineer to change the thermocouple and see if that fixes it. Can I let you know if it does before rating your reply?

Of course,but it will time out in a day or two
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I'll rate it now and hope the problem is solved!

Best wishes,

Guy.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Plumberpro,

Just an update on the gas wall heater that you advised us about. Our gas fitter fitted a new thermocouple probe as you suggested, but there was no improvement. The manual for the heater said change the mag valve if it won't stay alight. We bought one online for £30 Unfortunately again there was no improvement when it was fitted. Our fitter phoned Baxi and they said he had done all that was possible and they couldn't help further as the model was no longer in production which wasn't very helpful! We have now had to scrap the heater.

Kind regards,

Guy

I'm so sorry to hear that . there isn't a lot on those heaters apart from those parts . I really can't understand it if even baxi couldn't understand it .its really odd. I wish you all the best with the new ones . you may find they are so much more economical way han the old ones that they will pay for themselves in a few years .good luck and all the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. However, I wasn't aware that there were any new ones available? We have two others of the old type which are working OK, but if either pack up, we will have to get new ones. What would they be?

Guy.

Hi . dimplex have a good range with new technology to cut costs and a great reputation . electric is more expensive to run into than gas at the moment .I would get a quote for electric heaters and why not get a quote for a gas boiler central heating system as well , but all depends on what you are looking for . if you have a problem with water pressure from shower/bath etc then consider a combi system to upgrade heating and hot water system at the same time . all depends if you have gas available though . have a look at dimplex.co.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your further thoughts which we shall consider carefully.

Best wishes,

Guy.

Ok . all the best with it all . if you ever need more advice you can always comes back to me on it . , kind regards , Toby