Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi. My NEFF dishwasher drain pump run continuously. I checked

Customer Question

My NEFF dishwasher drain pump run continuously. I checked the bottom, there is no water there, i've checked a float switch and it is not dirty, it is at the bottom. The switch itself clicks when i lift the floatewr. What else can it be?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. this is one of two things.
But let me ask, have you checked the float switch with a meter?
Or just verified it wasn't stuck in the up position?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

What do you mean by checking it with a meter?

I just checked it is not stuck in up position and that switch is clicking when i lift the float.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi You would use a meter to check the switch for continuity, so you would know if the switch is working internally.
But its an easy to replace inexpensive art and more than likely the cause of the drain pump issue.
I would simply order a new switch and I will help you replace it. That should solve this easily;-)
The best place to get a new float switch is Espares, I have listed all their contact info for you below and will help you install that part. This is definitely worth the repair as that part isn't very much and easy to replace;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
please call espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael.

Unfortunately changing the switch didn't help. What else can it be than?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jan,
well that leaves the main control board as the failed component, that is also available from Espares but its a bit pricey.
Call them and ask what the rate is these days for that one.
And please let me know.
Thank you Jan.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Michael,

New main control board costs in the region of £120. New bosch dishwasher with 2 years warranty costs in the region of £250. That dishwasher of ours is 9 years old. What would you recommend? REpairing old one or go for new?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jan, thats expensive. I would even myself being a Technician would replace the whole dishwasher just because of the cost:-)
Hope that helps.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, just to let you know, i managed to find a replacement PCB on amazon for £86 so in the end decided to give it a go and it is working fine right now. It was a bit of a struggle to actually get it replaced but i managed. Cheers ***** ***** help :)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thats great news!
But please keep me informed. If you have any questions let me know:-)
Thech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, yup it is still working fine, so happy days.