Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello, we have a Beko WM6355W washing machine. Yesterday the

Customer Question

Hello, we have a Beko WM6355W washing machine. Yesterday the clothes came out soaking wet as though they'd not been spun. I put it back onto Drain and Spin and stayed watching it. When it starts to turn the drum it sounds like it's stuttering or misfiring as it tries to turn it. It does make it spin after a few tries. I found out how to check the filter on your site and it was pretty clogged, so cleaned that out, but same thing again. I tried out the test mode from here as well and it will do a fast spin etc fine, but with the stuttering at the start. Just wondered if there was anything else we could check?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your washer?
Also does it seem to drain ok if you run it with a light load?
Does it sound worse with a heavy load?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael, it was bought in October 2010. I've got a moderate load of washing in it just now which is due to finish in 35 mins, so will see if it's drained okay then. It's making the noise with that.

I had a fairly light load on yesterday, 2 sheets, and 1 small towel, when I noticed the issue. I'm fairly sure it had drained, just that everything was still soaking wet. There was a fair amount of water came out of the filter pipe when I cleaned it.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Keith, does it sound like the drum making the noise or more like a bad drain pump?
Thanks'
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It sounds more like the drum making the noise, going by the direction the sound is coming from and it's in sync with each initial move of the drum. I'm not sure what the drain pump would sound like though.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Keith, that is a sign of bad springs.
You can replace them yourself but it requires a special tool to do that.
So its up to you if you want to buy the tool and the springs, they are a bit pricey.So is the tool.
Or you could have an appliance tech do this for you?
I will help you if you want to do this yourself, its not difficult really.
Please let me know.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Keith and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Michael, I'll have a shop around for the price of the springs and tool and decide whether to go ahead myself or get someone in.

Keith.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Happy to help Keith, this is something even I don't understand and I have been doing this work for so many years, sometimes a spring will fail for no apparent reason. They are VERY strong and can be dangerous to replace. but at least you know its really not too serious;-)
Have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael