Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The clothes in our Bosch condenser dryer WTE84102GB/05 seem

Customer Question

The clothes in our Bosch condenser dryer WTE84102GB/05 seem to get very hot; if I interrupt the cottons cycle they are too hot to hold. Even on the Low Heat setting the clothes seem very hot, though not too hot to hold.
Yet when we dry wet towels they seem to take too long: bath and hand towel, heavy bath mat, toilet mat and a face flannel, leaving plenty of space in the drum and all well spun beforehand
The filters are both clear; the back of the drier is unobstructed. The fan is working; I can see that the impellor is spinning, though the air flow through the front cooling grill seems rather slight. Is there any way that I can test the functionality of the drier.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, how old is your dryer?
Also is yours the gas or electric version?
One more thing from the outside please check to see that there is very good hot air and a good flow coming out of there.
Please let me know on all these points.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The dryer was bought in 2007, 7 years ago. It is an electric dryer.

The air flow from the cooling grill is weak: a gentle flow of warmish air rather than a blast. However, I have no way of knowing how strong the flow should be; if it was too strong the condenser might not cope, so maybe it should be weak.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the flow should be pretty strong.
If its not please pull the dryer out and disconnect the vent hose then turn the dryer on, let me know if you feel the same power coming out there as you do from the end of the vent hose.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are not familiar with the dryer in question. It is a condenser dryer. It has no air hose; it vents through the Cooling Grill at the front.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi I'm sorry I was working with another dryer and your response got mis directed. Have you ever had your dryer professionally cleaned? This issue will happen when one of two things is the issue. One it needs a good cleaning internally or the thermostat is failing. Please use caution using this until it has a service. I have done many of these if you have the tools I will help you do this. Please let me know if you want o do this, you will need a special brush and it pays to replace the T-stat at the same time so you dont end up taking it apart again ;-) I will also let you know the best place to get that part and the brush. Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has never been professionally cleaned. The filters are not obstructing the airflow incidentally; I just ran the machine without each filter in turn and in each case it made little difference to the flow of air.

I am happy to replace the thermostat. I have a full range of tools except for the special brush.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gerald,
The brush and the T-stat can be purchased from Espares.
The reason I mention the cleaning that a lot of dust and lint accumulate in these dryers and that doesn't make it to the filters. Even that is a fire hazard and it can happen to any dryer. I have included all their contact information below for your convenience.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Gerald and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares Gerald:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks Michael. I have ordered a new thermostat from eSpares online.

Do you have a description of the special brush. (I do have some long handled brushes on wire handles, for delving into narrow places.)

Once the new thermostat arrives, if I cannot see where or how to fit it I will get back to you.

Best wishes in the meantime.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the brush is a long skinny one on wire, its good to use while vacuuming out the unit, it also works in the lint trap;-)
Many hardware stores will have that as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks. You know, I am wondering now if there is anything wrong with the machine. I have read that tumble dryers take the clothes above 100 deg.c, in which case I was over worried about the temperature. Also, I did not realise that the cooling air across the condenser is kept separate from the air used to heat the clothing, which is recycled. I will hang on to the thermostat and see how the machine performs from now on. Many thanks for your effort. Gerald
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gerald, it could be fine?
I wish i could see it lol;-)
But if you are unsure, the t-stat will ensure you its ok.
I will be here if you need me.
Have a great day Gerald.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
0
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Type a message for your email.
0
e.g. Hi Barbara, How is Bella feeling? Is there anything else I can help with?

Tip: You can create reusable templates to save time.