Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I wonder if you can help. I have a Neff B6784N0GB and the

Customer Question

Hi, I wonder if you can help. I have a Neff B6784N0GB and the microwave function has stopped working. Everything else appears to work but when I switch the microwave on, it starts and then quits after about 2 seconds. Any ideas? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry to hear that.
Does it sound any louder or lower when it is on?
also how old is your microwave?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your response. No it sounds normal when it starts up, the fan comes on etc but then just switches itself off. It is about 8 years old.
John
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John,
This is a bad main control board.
Its relays cant hold their contacts cleanly any longer. This happens to be a normal wear issue.
This board is easy to replace with only a few basic hand tools (no soldering).
I will help you do this as well all the way through.
But please be aware of the danger inside of ALL microwaves.
They can contain Lethal voltages even when unplugged!!!
But if you do this repair according to my direction you will be fine, just stay away from the large silver capacitor and you will be safe;-)
The best place to get that main control board is Espares, I have posted all their contact info for you below. I have other sources for you if you need but these guys are the best for cost and reliability;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael,
Many thanks. So do you know how I can find this part? Do you have a part number?
John
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, you will need to call Espares, they will reference that for you when you supply them the model # ***** your Microwave;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok many thanks.
John
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
More than welcome:-)
Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike,
I now have this part and was wondering if you could step me through how to fit it please?
John
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning John,
See if you can see the screws in the front grill, they afix the the control panel to the front. once removed, the panel will need to be lifed slightly and should fall down like on a hinge. there you will see the board.
Please don't touch the big capacitor, aluminum looking metal can LETHAL!!!!
Le t me know when you have gotten this far.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what you mean by front grill...?
John
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Where the control panel is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

The only 2 screws visible at the front are two torx screws (1 each side) visible when the door is opened. I took them out but they were just to fix the unit to the cabinet into which it is integrated. I can now pull the unit out a little having taken these out. I don't see the screws you talk about in the front grill...

thanks

John

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

You never got back to me to explain how to access the control board, as the instructions you did give were obviously for a different unit. Can you please give me instructions - I have the part sitting here and don't know how to fit it.

Thanks,

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry for the delay.
Is yours a built in unit or the table top model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a built in unit.

John

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
HI , That is the only thing.
look in the cabinet the microwave is for 2 screws in the front.
Please let me know if you find that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there are 2 screws in the front that fix the unit to the cabinet it is built into. That is all. Removing them means I can then slide the unit out if the cabinet housing.
John
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes that is what you need to do to check I will be here for you;-)