Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi - I have a Maytag Washing machine Model 3RMTW4905TW

Hi -
I have a Maytag Washing machine Model 3RMTW4905TW that will not start.
I've never had any issues before. What should I look at before calling someone out?
Cheers,
Tracey
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tracey,
sorry to hear that, are there any signs of life on your washer, lights etc?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, there is no indication that it's alive.

I've since tried changing the fuse and that also hasn't made any difference.

Tracey

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tracey, please unplug the washer and plug say a lamp or something in that outlet to be sure the outlet has power before we go further, please let me know what happens there;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've done that. There is definitely power to the outlet.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tracey,
The problem you have could be a fuse if there is one in the plug. Please check that. If there is no fuse there, then there isn't one. and the problem is the main control plane in need of replacement. Its easy to replace if your handy but if not you would want a Tech to do this for you.
If you want to do this I will help you locate one and will help you all the way through the repair, it only requires a few basic hand tools as well.
But in any case let me know what you would like to do.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Tracey and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael