Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Electrolux Dishwasher My machine is not filling with water.

Customer Question

Electrolux Dishwasher
My machine is not filling with water. When I switch it on after a couple of seconds, I get 3 audible signals and 1 button is flashing and end of cyle indicator light is on and flashing.
When setting electronically using the manual "What to do, when... I get to step 3 and 1,2 & 3 push button flashing but no end of cylce indicator light is on only the salt indicator is on.
Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
May I have the model # ***** your dishwasher?
Also how old the unit is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, my diswasher model no is ESL4125. The unit is approx 10 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Carol, does the control panel seem to operate normally otherwise?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At the moment I am not sure michael it seems to work until I get to the 1st 2nd and third button lighting when setting electroniclly according to the manual. At that stage I am pressing button 1 and I am getting 7 audible signals. I just pressed it again and the audible signals went off but the first button is still on and the salt indicator is still on

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Carol, this could then be one of two things.
Usually its just a bad inlet water valve(electric solenoid).
Its an easy to replace part under the dishwasher in the front.
Thats the first thing I would replace and most likely that will solve this.90 % of the time thats all it is, it requires only a few basic hand tools to replace and I will help you all the way.
The best place to get that part is Espares. I have listed all their contact information for your convenience below.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Carol and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Carol, please call Esapres:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael when you say under the diswasher in the front does this mean that I have to remove the diswasher from the built-in-unit to access this valve?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi no usually you can simply remove the front kickplate, let me know if you can do that or if yours is too built in?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael I have removed the silver plate at the front of the machine is that what you are talking about?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi look where the water line comes in, it runs to a small valve that has two wires attached to it to open and close the valve based on what the main controller calls for. Yours may be in the rear but most times they put them up front.
You really need to call for the part, it comes with instructions and I will help you make this repair, its really easy;-)
This isn't a part that can be fixed, as it clogs and wears out internally. So when this fails that is what happens unfortunately.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael I live in ireland and this is a uk number. It would take time to come from the uk. If I purchased it in ireland could I fit it myself? I honestly dont know where the water line comes in. There are two small plastic things attached on one side and they are with red wires. Just down from that there is two smiliar plastic attachments and they are two black and 1 blue

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I will help you with that.
But as for getting the part, Espares is the best and closest to you for the best price and reliability. I included the # for there as well.
Yes it comes in a kit, with instructions plus I will help you anyway, you will need a few basic tools and GOOD lighting to do this.
Espares:
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot Michael but I only have a small screw driver and I would have to have it delivered so I don't think it will work for me. If I log off and then have to get back to you it will cost me more so maybe I am better off getting a service call to the house from Electrolux

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi this work isn't for everyone I understand.
But you can always reply to me and I will see it even when you log off and back on. there is no additional cost to you;-)
I will stick with you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Michael I will find out how much the solenoid is and then I will make my decision. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome, the part isn't too much;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael so sorry - I spoke to my landlord and he decided to go ahead with the repair himself. Thanks for your help. Carol

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Michael do you want me to rate you again?