Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My daughter has a ZCN 610 Cooker. The oven is rated at 2.1kW.

Customer Question

My daughter has a ZCN 610 Cooker. The oven is rated at 2.1kW. However her electric meter shows high consumption and causing considerable grief. An electrician advises the all tests check out as normail. This was NOT a test of how much the machine was drawing. Do you have any advice?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Ignoring the number of flashes, how many units of electricity does the oven use in 1 hour?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know! WE have been looking at the cost. For example friends and family pay between Pds 60 - 120 per month to the Elec Board> My daughter pays about 250 and they say it has to go up to Pds 500 per month! I am wondering what could cause this. For example it may be the insulation? Would this in turn jack up the price?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
The only way to tell what the oven is using is to run it for 1/2 and hour, see how many units of electricity was used, then double it.
That gives you the KW/hr

If it's running at full blast, it will use 2.1 units of electricity.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great I will give it a bash

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Good luck, let me know what you find.