Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Neff S-4130W0GB/03 dishwasher has given excellent service

Customer Question

My Neff S-4130W0GB/03 dishwasher has given excellent service but of late a problem has arisen. The pre-wash and wash cycles work ok but once the rinse cycle starts the RCD protection on the main fuseboard trips which indicates an earth leakage fault somewhere. I initially thought the fault my be with the heater element but this comes on at the start of the wash cycle. Could there be aswitch fault somewhere? Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. Does it stop at the point in the program every time?
Also will it drain?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sometimes it trips out at the start of the rinse cycle, sometimes it carries on for a bit longer. On the odd occasion it has completed a full wash without tripping. It drains ok.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Andy for the information.
This is a sign of a failing main control board.
i have seen this so many times before.
Its easy to replace with only a few basic hand tools and I will help you if you want to make this repair?
The best place to get a replacement board is Espares.
I have listed all of their contact information for you below, its best to call them to order this part;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Andy and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Up to now neither I nor espares can identify this main control board. Can you give me an idea where it is located?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the main control panel is the one that the buttons and lights are on;-)
Hope that helps.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is only one button on this model and that is the on/off switch located on the right hand side of the facia panel. Programme selection is by a knob on the left hand side of the facia panel. The only light is a neon one located above the on/off button. Is the main board there?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi no you have one with the mechanical timer not a board.
They made two types that year model.
So you need the timer is all;-)
Hope that helps.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. This dishwasher has performed faultlessly for 23 years which must be something of a record. I've checked availability of a new timer and think it uneconomic to preceed with repairs. It's time for a new dishwasher.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Andy,
that is a record lol!
You could replace the part or at this time since its so old maybe it would be easier for you to simply replace the unit. Thats up to you , I will help though if you choose to do the repair;-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
s