JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Zanussi Electrolux essential 1200 6kg washing machine

I have a Zanussi Electrolux essential 1200 6kg washing machine and I cannot get any wash cycle to begin. There is electrical power to the machine, and the start/pause button is flashing green. Can you suggest anything please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, this sounds like a sensor fault. To rule out a fault lock out, please power the machine down at the mains, give it 5 minutes, and turn it back on holding on the START button, with the door closed, and any wash cycle selected.

Should the machine not start, the next thing we need to check is the sensors, set the program to drain, does the washer start, can you hear the door lock?

If the machine wont even start a drain cycle, its most likely going to require an engineer call out to look at a sensor \ electrical fault..

However if the drain cycle completes but the wash cycle wont, its probably a inlet valve issue, which again would require an engineer call out but is reasonably straight forward to get fixed.

Please let me know how you get on, and if I can be of any more assistance.

Customer:

Thanks for your help. It doesn't even start a drain cycle. The door locks, it whirs for a few seconds and then unlocks again - that's all I'm getting. Since I posted my question, I have been able to get an error code: Ed4, if that means anything to you.

JamesInch :

Hi let me look up the error code, it may take a few minutes.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** *****

JamesInch :

Just to double check this is a washer \ dryer?

JamesInch :

(washer & Dryer)

Customer:

It is

Customer:

I have the model and product numbers if you need them

JamesInch :

Ok, this error code is actually rather helpful for once :-)

JamesInch :

Its suggesting a failure on the control board

JamesInch :

Gut feel tells me this is still likely to be a sensor fault, as its not getting the right input for the program to start.

Customer:

Okay.

JamesInch :

However if you advise the engineer of the error code, and specifically ask them to check all the sensors and heater element they are the cheapest parts to replace.

JamesInch :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer:

I think that is probably all. Hopefully that should make any engineer appointment a little quicker, so thank you.

JamesInch :

No problem, sorry we could get it fixed for you remotely though.
I would appreciate it if you could please rate the level of service received today.

Have a good day.

JamesInch :

*couldn't

Customer:

No problem. Will do.