Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have an Neff Dishwasher (S5443X2GB/17). Its 10 years

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Neff Dishwasher (S5443X2GB/17). It's 10 years old now. Over the last few weeks it is leaving some plates perfectly clean whilst others remain dirty (as if they had not been through the wash). I've removed and checked the filter and other bits from the base of the machine and they are all clean. I've topped up the salt and detergent in case the indicator lights aren't working. So I can't work out why most plates (say 80%) are clean and others remain completely dirty!! I wondered if the rotating water jet needs replacing?
Thanks in advance
Andre
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
If your filter is clear thats a good thing.
Can you tell me if the dishes on the bottom or top come out any different or worse?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. It is mainly the bottom, but the top has similar issues. Both started about the same time a few weeks ago.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
this is an indication that the recirc pump is getting weak and needs to be replaced.
Its easy to do with only a few basic hand tools if you want to make this repair? I will help if you do. no additional cost to you;-)
The best place to get that pump is Espares, I have listed all their contact info for you below, its best to call them for this part to be sure they send you the correct one.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael.

Many thanks for your reply. I am slightly confused as even though I am very happy to rate your service, my understanding is that once I have rated you the question is finished and I can not continue to ask you any further questions on this matter.Please clarify.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi once you rate you will have unlimited access to me simply by replying to any of our messages.
I know the info out there seems unclear lol.
I will be here for you once you rate until this job is complete;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im just going to contact Espares and I will come back to you...

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
That will be great I will be here;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the pump is going to cost £150 and I'm not sure it's worth it - the machine is 10 years old. Do you think i should get a new machine?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi WOW thats is one of the highest price pumps I have seen especially for such an older model.
i feel for you here, I would really question that myself. Knowing this high cost I would really consider replacing the dishwasher.
I will be here if you need anything more.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael