Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hotpoint washing machine WT 721 or Few12 Load washing when

Hotpoint washing machine WT 721 or Few12
Load washing when wash cycle starts all of the lights start flashing?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your washer?
Also what happens as soon as you turn on the washer?
Even when its empty.
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 years old

Switch on is okay, washer fills, it is okay until the wash cycle starts then all of the lights start flashing

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian,sounds like you may have a bad door lock interfering with your wash cycle and stopping the wash by not sending the door locked signal to the main controls. This can happen intermittently and cause the wash cycle to stop short.
You will need to replace that to fix this.
I will assist you with that as well;-)
The best place to get the new door interlock is Espares. I have listed all their contact info for you below. It only requires a few basic hand tools to fix this.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Brian and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares :
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry i should have said that, the machine carries on with the wash whilst the lights are flashing

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian,
will it complete the cycles as it should?
thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes right through to the end

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian that is a different situation. What you have is a failing main control board.
Whats happening is the board can no longer read the steps in the program correctly so the first thing to go is the the display panel , and it is letting you know that the main control is in need of replacement. That too is an easy fix, just more expensive for the part.This part failing WILL get worse unfortunately if not replaced.
Espares also carries that board.
I will stick with you until this is fixed Please rate kindly so I can stick with you;-)
thanks Brian.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.