JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have just brought back our Autotrail from its first outing,

Customer Question

We have just brought back our Autotrail from its first outing, and now we can't get the fridge door open to get the food out! The catch moved from the locked position to unlocked, but the door just won't open: it's a Dometic RM7361. Any help or tips appreciated.
Angela
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Firstly is there any give in the door with it unlocked, as the most likely cause is something shifting in the fridge during transit which is binding and stopping the door opening freely.

If there is some give often poking some flat inside to fish around and free it is the best option, if its jammed shut my suggestion would be to loosen it from its fittings and rock it front to back.

Its important not to force it, as you could damage the hinges of the door as they are a weak point.

If rocking it still doesnt free the door, then the last option is to remove the hinges on the door which requires removing the fridge and undoing the 2 bolts at the top and bottom of the fridge.

JamesInch :

Do you still require assistance?