Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello I have a Hotpoint washing machine Model No.AQXXL129P1

I have a Hotpoint washing machine Model No.AQXXL129P1 purchased in March 2006, it given me excellent service until now. The spin cycle is very noisy, almost a screaming sound. Can you advise what I should do ?
Ivor Giles
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ivor,
Sorry to hear that.
Is there any banging sounds the proceed that loud screaming sound?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael

No banging prior to the spin cycle starting the noise increases as the drum speed

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Ivor for that information. The problem is the drum bearing is failing and needs to be replaced.
On this model they used to offer just the bearing and not the complete drum, I'm not sure if they still offer it that way, the parts house can tell you for sure, it would be good if so.
But this is a big job and requires a spring remover and other specialized tools to replace this bearing. So unfortunately, this is best done by an appliance repair tech. He can do this in an hour or so.
I wish I had better news for you I really do, but this will only get worse until it seizes and locks up, which can cause further damage to the washer.If you think you can do this you will need the spring tool and a few other tools and I will help you do this but a lot needs to come apart. Also if you need me to recommend a good tech in your area I can do that as well.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Ivor and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again Michael

Thank you for a detailed reply. I would not attempt to replace bearings myself so can I take up your offer of the name of a local technician who could fix the problem. Also could you give me an estimate of the cost involved, including call out charge if applicable I live in a village called Pillerton Hersey, situated between Stratford on Avon and Banbury post code CV35 0QJ.

Ivor

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ivor you made the correct choice I would think as it is a big job.
As for labor cost, that is regional and also depends on the season believe it or not.
Here one that i know to be very fair and has excellent Techs, if you call them they can give you a free price quote;-)
please call Them here is also their website http://www.repaircare.co.uk/
Phone: Call for a no obligation quote
0843(###) ###-####
Thank you Ivor, please rate now so I can keep you in the loop for no additional cost;-)
Tech Michael.