Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I HAVE A FRIDGE FREEZER KG30U/625GB/03 FD8512 , THE FREEZER

Customer Question

I HAVE A FRIDGE FREEZER KG30U/625GB/03 FD8512 , THE FREEZER WILL NOT GO BELOW -2C, I HAVE THROUGHLY DEFROSTED IT AND WANT TO FIND OUT THE FAULT AND POSSIBLE COST OF REPAIR
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your fridge/freezer?
Also does the unit devolve any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU I HAVE THROUGHLY DEFROSTED THE UNIT AND THEIR IS NO ICE ANYWHERE AND CHECKED THE INSIDE ELEMENTOF FREEZER AND I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN I BOUGHT IT DOESN'T THE APPLIANCE NUMBER SHOW DATE

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I understand what you are saying, I need to know if there was any heavy frost and what the reason for defrosting was?
This is important so I can make a diagnosis as this could be one of many problems.
I will help you but I need responses to my questions;-)
Thank you so much for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THERE WAS NO FROST AND I WAS ADVISED TO DEFROST AS
THIS COULD BE THE PROBLEM WHICH IT WASN'T

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** need you to confirm if the compressor is running and warm? It is in the back behind the fridge inside the access panel. Thanks Tech Mike

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES AND I CLEANED OUT THE EVAPORATION DISH WHICH WAS FILTHY

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** compressor is running, and you know thats the black ball?
Please feel with your hands, the two main lines coming from the compressor, one should be warm and the either kind of icy.
Please let me know about this. Thank you for your patience because this is a technical issue and i can only go by what you tell me.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE COMPRESSOR IS RUNNING WARM AND PIPES ONE WARM OTHER ICY

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** fan in the freezer run, its behind the wall in the freezer.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when are you going to reply my patience is running out

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi please have patience, as we have many customers and are on a different time zone.
If the fan runs correctly and the freezer is getting cold, how is the temp in the fridge?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4c

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter,
I am going to release this question to see if another tech can assist you with this as my work is up high right now and I don't want you to lose your patience.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT AS IT'S BEEN 4 HRS SINCE I ASKED FOR YOUR HELP I WAN'T A REFUND ON MY ACCOUNT AND WILL BE SEEKING HELP ELSEWHERE