Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

SRS45E12GB/15. This machine normally shows a figure around

Customer Question

SRS45E12GB/15. This machine normally shows a figure around 130 when loaded and started, and then begins to prewash. Recently it washed ok but stuck at 1. at the end of the cycle. Now it shows 57 on all the wash cycles and fails to wash at all. It seems not be taking water in, though I have checked that water gets to the valve 0508, and that 0508 lets in a reasonable flow when ac mains is applied to its terminals. I have some parts diaqrams but no wiring diagram or test instructions. Can you please help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
Please unplug the unit from power for 20 full minutes then plug it back in. Please let me know if you still get the same response on the display?
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good to find we are in touch.

I have moved on a little since my question. Machine has been unplugged for a day or so, but early this morning I tried again and got the 57 again. Then since it was clear there was no water coming in I filled it by putting mains power into the terminals of the inlet valve until the side reservoirs were full, disconnected, then turned the machine on. 57 again, but it followed the cycle from this point and gave me 10 minutes of hot water wash, counting down to zero. Then I reconnected the inlet valve to its internal wiring and switched on. 161 showed and it went through an apparently complete cycle.

It showed 170 odd when switched off and on again and I decided to wait and give it another load to wash this evening. There is clearly an intermittent problem centred on the water inlet but whether it is the valve or the solid- state program or a sensor switch somewhere I cannot tell, having no wiring diagram or process description (I do not for instance know whether it uses softened water for the initial rinse).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Monday morning. Machine has now gone though 3 satisfactory washes, but I would appreciate any hint as to how to prevent the trouble recurring. I have ordered a replacement water inlet valve, reckoning on a 75% chance the trouble was there.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi George, before installing the new water valve please spray the wire connectors with a solvent like WD-40, that should do it:-)
Also if this happens again you will need to do that with all the wiring on the main board as well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Interesting tip. Machine has now given us 6 or more correct cycles with the old water valve, and the new one may take some days to arrive. I will keep it just in case and try the spray if and when I get trouble.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I will be here if you still need more assistance, no additional cost ;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still getting reasonable service from the machine so will leave alone for the moment. Thanks. Goodbye

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
0
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome George all my best:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Machine still behaving. I don't see anywhere on your pages to finally report Good service, but apart from the initial administrative problem which caused me to find my own solution, I can still do so.

ghr

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks George, I will be here if you need me no additional cost ;-)