JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a ZFT710FW and the red light started flashing yesterday,

I have a ZFT710FW and the red light started flashing yesterday, I pressed the white one next to it and it stopped. Now 24 hours later it has started again and when I press the white button the orange one to the left comes on. What should I do. thanks Jackie.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, the red light is an alarm light advising the freezer is to warm (or not cold enough).

The ***** *****ght is the super frost light, which means the freezer will start frosting up if left on.

My guess is if the alarm light is comming on you have a fault with the cooling system, based on what you have done to date (enabling super frost) which stops the alarm my guess is the fault is with the thermostat, and this should be replaced.

This would best be done by an engineer, the part is around £30.

If you require any further assistance please let me know.

Customer:

Hi James,

Customer:

Thanks for answering my question. It looks like I am going to have to get someone in so should I push the button and keep the orange light on even though the red one still flashes. Thanks for telling me how much the part should be. I will wait for your answer. I have never done this website before and the instructions are not that clear!!

Customer:

Hi again James,

Customer:

I have been asked to rate you but we are still talking and I thought rating was at the end. I have just gone and pressed the white button to put on the orange to enable super frost and the red light went out but the orange did not come on. I have left it alone and need to know from you if I should press the white button again to get the orange one on until I can call someone out. Thanks Jackie

Customer:

Somehow I am doing this incorrectly as I don't think James can see I need more information. I don't know what to do as if I rate him as I keep being asked (I think it is automatically generated) it will end the chat. Jackie

JamesInch :

Hi Jackie,

JamesInch :

Sorry I was offline and didnt see your response, appologies for the delay in getting back to you. Give me a few minutes to review your message and confirm what you need to do.

Customer:

Hi James,

Customer:

just to say I have activated the orange light to keep it cold and you answer has lead me in the right direction I am organising it now so don't worry to spend anymore time. I will rate you shortly with a very positive one and good to know there are people like you around! Jackie

Customer:

Thanks James, I am hoping I won't need you again but who knows!! Jackie :)