canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

New Beko DRVS73W tumble dryer installed by my builder recently.

Customer Question

New Beko DRVS73W tumble dryer installed by my builder recently. When switched on for the first time and set to dry it started but made a terrible noise. Got scared and switched it off. Tried to push the drum round by hand to see if it was ok but it only moves in an anti clockwise direction (cannot turn the drum in a clockwise direction).
I asked the builder if the drum retaining bolts had been removed but he said they do not have any (unlike washing machines).
Any idea what is wrong?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is the noise from internally or could it be that the feet are not adjusted? If you try to move it does it seem uneven and wobble even in the slightest? Is it level?

JACUSTOMER-uv356czq- :

Hi Mike,

JACUSTOMER-uv356czq- :

The noise sounds like it is coming from the behind the drum, like a scaraping of metal on metal. The machine is level it is not moving about.

canuck the pro :

Do you have a level you can use to check that it is level ?

JACUSTOMER-uv356czq- :

Yes have checked with a level.

canuck the pro :

It sounds to me that the belt may have come off during shipping. Is your builder receptive to returning it for a replacement? Since it is new there is a warranty also. Will the manufacturer send a warranty service person to repair it?