JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hello, i have a old spin dryer thats stop spinning can you

Customer Question

Hello, i have a old spin dryer thats stop spinning can you help please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi, what do you mean stops spinning, do you mean mid cycle or wont even start now?

This sounds like a drive belt or motor issues based on what you have described, can you see a pulley which goes from the motor to the drum?

JACUSTOMER-h0jpuwgz- :

No it is all in cased, with wires and a small metal drum which has a metal sping and a wire to that as well

JACUSTOMER-h0jpuwgz- :

It is an old spinner so i dont no how easy it is to get to any of it, this is why i need help

JACUSTOMER-h0jpuwgz- :

Its a creda debonair autopump

JACUSTOMER-h0jpuwgz- :

I dont think its the motor as i give it a little spin it carries on and speeds up which i think its the belt but not a clue how to fix it as its an old spinner thought it was worth giving this sight ago, if you dont know anything about this modle then please let me know thank you

JamesInch :

Ive seen a few of these over the years but ill need to read up as its been a while, however most machines all work in the same way so give me a chance to have a look and come back with some ideas

JamesInch :

Right so if its the model I think it is, its about 1M high, cylinder shape, and top loaded (ie the door is on the top). Is this correct?

JamesInch :

From memory the unit strips down from the bottom, you should see the motor with a black band connecting it to the drive belt

JamesInch :

From the bottom looking inside, what can you see, it may be worth using a torch, make sure you unplug it before putting you hand inside

JamesInch :

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

JamesInch :

Good evening, I havent heard back in a while, I just wanted to check if you need any further assistance?