JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Water leaking from des align screw underneath iron ?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi what model of Morphy Richards iron do you have?

Customer:

42223

Customer:

Power Steam Elite . I am guessing that I have mislaid the washer if there was one fitted . Thank You .

JamesInch :

Ok I have one of these sitting next to me now

JamesInch :

So your talking about water leaking from the base unit which houses the water tank (not the iron)

JamesInch :

There should be a brass bolt fitted under a grey cap, is this what your referring to?

Customer:

Yes . I undid the brass screw to descale the iron and when I replaced it a leak appeared from around the screw .

JamesInch :

Ok, how did you descale the iron

JamesInch :

Just unscrew the drain screw, and fill it with water and flush out the deposit

JamesInch :

If this is the case, remove the brass bolt again and check to see if you have a orange washer on the brass screw (at the top near the screw head). My guess is that you just need to make it a little tighter, if the washer is present on the bolt, I would buy some PTFE tape from Screw Fit or B&Q and put it on the base of the screw thread, this should stop any leaking.

Customer:

Yes . I have done that so hopefully my problem is solved . Thank You .

JamesInch :

No problem, you can probably get a replacement bolt if you contact Morphy Richards, but it will probably cost 25% of a new iron anyway.

JamesInch :

If I can be of any more assistance please let me know, so I can close this case please rate the level of service received today.

Have a good evening