canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226
Appliance

Have a baxi duo tec combi boiler makes loud clankinkg &kettling

noises when running
Service technician has... Show More
noises when running
Service technician has flushed & cleaned the system replaced the heat exchanger twice although there is no sign of scale. We live in a softwater area and do not have limescale
The system works ok but the noise is alarming and my wife will not run it
As it starts up it is at its noisiest and can run quietly for periods and then become noisy .again
To me a reasonably intelligent handyman it sounds like a temperature sensoris not cutting in and allowing the waster to reach boiling before itoperares
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The issue is a failing pump. You have already covered everything else. The pump is pumping the water through the boiler too slow and causing the water in the boiler to get overheated.

canuck the pro, Plumber replied 3 years ago.