JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Delonghi Magnifica coffee maker, grounds container filling

Delonghi Magnifica coffee maker, grounds container filling to much before warning light, spilling over, is there an adjustment?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

HI there isnt an adjustment which can be made, in most cases its a sensor fault.
Stripping the system apart and giving it a good scrub with a brush should fix the issue.
You should need to take a screw driver to it just un-clip all the parts and wash them with hot water soapy water.

JamesInch :

*shouldn't

JamesInch :

Make sure you unplug the unit and allow it to cool before you clean it

Customer:

I've cleaned it, is there a sensor that controls the amount of waste coffee in the grounds container?

JamesInch :

Can you confirm the model number of your coffee machine, and why the "grounds container" is located, as I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing

Customer:

Model esam 4000/4200, The ground container A17 in insruction book.

Customer:

Is there a setting for the waist container to stop overflowing with coffee

JamesInch :

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you

Customer:

Did you get the question

JamesInch :

Right so the issue is the cup is overflowing and the contents going into the waste container, or the fact the waster container is full but your not getting any error message?

Customer:

yes I'm getting the error message to empty the container when I get it the container is overflowing

JamesInch :

Right, let me check where the sensor is located

Customer:

ok

JamesInch :

Their technical team closed at 5pm, im just calling the US technical team to double check this as I cant find it in the engineer manual

Customer:

ok

JamesInch :

How old is the unit?

JamesInch :

I have spoken with the US technical team, they advised thats its a non serviceable part and would need to be "returned to base" for repair, I cant find anything in the manual I have to suggest where the sensor is (which may be why).

My guess is you would need to take the lid off and it is likely sitting at the top where the shoot is which fills the container.

I am told the unit has a two year RTB warrenty, so if its under 2 years old its worth calling the UK department on monday when they open to see if they can repair it free of charge.

JamesInch :

My US case reference number is *****

The UK service number to book in a repair is(###) ###-####2555
To do this you will need the serial number as well as the model number of your product.

If you can see remove the container and everything looks clean, then that is as much as you can do without stripping the unit down, my guess is the sensor is become dislodged or starting to fail, hence why its not flagging up the container being full until to late.

Please let me know if you need anything else clarified.