Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

F17 error

Customer Question

F17 error
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. Please may I have the model #?
Also how old your washer is?
And does the machine do anything?
The more details the quicker I can help you;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ModelWAE24468GB/15
It's starting. Not taking in water for wash. Will take in a small amount if set to rinse. Spinning as normal. Message F17 appears very shortly after starting cycle
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Emer, does everything else on the control panel seem to be ok or can you tell?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everything else seems fine. My husband cleaned water inlet filter and pump
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
one last question for you.
Will it take water in HOT or COLD or neither?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not taking in hot water
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you did this happen after your husband changed the filter etc?
Or did it have this error before the attempt to fix it?
Thank you for your patience, I just want to be sure to tell you the right thing is all.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It takes in cold water small amount and after a few minutes it goes into drain mode. Apparently only one water cold mains goes into the machine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The error F17 appeared and that prompted the cleaning of filters etc
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for that.
the problem is the main control panel is failing.
That will need to be replace to fix this problem.
Its not to difficult to replace with a few basic hand tools.
The best place to get that part is Espares.
I have included all their contact information for you below. Its best to call them for this part. All you need is the full model # ***** your washer .
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Please call:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Turns out the part we need won't be available until mid September from ESpares. A bit if a wasted exercise. Still have no working washing machine and probably will have to bring an engineer to my home.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Emer, i will still be here for you then if you do want to do the repair? No additional cost to you;-)
Have a great weekend.
Tech Michael