Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Have inherited a Bosch PIE 865 E with the purchase of a house. Left

Customer Question

Have inherited a Bosch PIE 865 E with the purchase of a house.
Left hand side (two hobs) has ceased to heat anything.
The electronics appear to function, when I turn on a hob the numbers display, then I can hear the relay clicking (which I assume supplies power to the power units?) then the number starts flashing (as if there is no pan on the hob). After that there is clicking from the hob, until it "times out" or I turn off the hob.
Is this the power module gone? Seems a popular spare part and sounds like it might be the bit...
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
It's worth taking the hob apart and unplugging the left side from the rest, then plugging back in.
(do this a few times)
Then, reassemble and try it again.

I've had several where it's simply been down to poor connections (I can only guess that the connections tarnish and unplugging/plugging cleans them up).

If still the same, then it's likely you'll need to replace the board for that side.

The hotplates (induction plates) and the electronics are supplied as one.

Hope this helps