Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a BEKO DW 451 dishwasher. For some reason the washer

I have a BEKO DW 451 dishwasher. For some reason the washer will not fill with water. The pump appears to be running, the salt container is full. There is no rinse aid in the machine so the rinse aid warning light is showing but this has not cause any malfunction before. We had a problem with a blocked sink recently and the malfunctioning of the machine occurred soon after that. However, whilst the waste pipe from the machine is connected to the S-bend of the sink, it rises up almost to the height of the sink itself so I can't see that the backup from the sink could have reached over the high point of the pipe and into the machine.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the dishwasher is pumping all the time then what you will find is there will be water in the bottom of the base of the dishwasher which has activated the flood switch. If you say you had a problem with the sink then this will have caused the water to leak into the base and cause this fault.

All you need to do to fix this is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards. This will allow the water in the base to drain out so you will need a towel for that part. Once the water is out the anti flood switch in the base will reset itself and allow the dishwasher to fill with water and wash again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.