emianplumbing
emianplumbing, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a General plumber working with building projects and small appliances on a daily basis
63187465

Trouble with Rayburn 460-499 oil fired cooker. the heating

Customer Question

Trouble with Rayburn 460-499 oil fired cooker. the heating element keeps cutting out ie the light at the foot of the cooker goes on red , sometimes shortly after switching on and sometimes after a long period . This does not happen with the cooker element. I have had a complete service , the control box replaced , the solenoid coil and the photocell switched , with no success. Help please JBK
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Plumberpro :

Hi . sounds like the line is blocked or the jets are. Thy need to be cleared through .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the jets were replaced at full service after problems started JBK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Was the line cleared through?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do'nt,Know, but the cooker end is working perfectly JKB

I can only think that the oil flow is blocked , but will opt out , maybe another expert will have something else for you
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Expert:  emianplumbing replied 2 years ago.
Hi the only things that give this kind of intermittent fault are Solenoid and spark generator or ht leads etc. you say that whoever serviced it has changed all the parts have they checked the ignition side.