Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have just finished a load of washing and when I have come

Customer Question

I have just finished a load of washing and when I have come to do another wash the control panel is showing 0:00 flashing green with a 'bleep' sounding 3 times and a symbol on the left hand side of the panel that looks like a light bulb inside a padlock!! Please, please are you able to help. The machine is a Zanussi washer/dryer ZWD 12270W. Many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, please thy this
Press "end of cycle" button for over 5 seconds, the child lock comes off. All the best, ***** ***** forget to RATE me.....
Press it again and the child lock comes on,
If this works please rate kindly, if not please don't rate yet but let me know as I have other solutions for you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to be a pain but which is the 'end of cycle' button. Looking at the control panel description in the user manual and it does not show this button.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Geraldine, First try pressing and holding the start button for up to 20 seconds to see if that unlocks this if not please try this
You can use the child lock feature in 2 ways.
1. To prevent operation of the washing machine when no wash cycle is running
To set this feature, switch the machine on using the POWER button at the top-left of the control-panel. Next, press and hold both the SPIN and RINSE buttons for about 3 seconds - until the child lock light indicator on the control panel illuminates. All functions of the washing machine will now be disabled apart from POWER ON/OFF until such time as the child lock is deactivated.
To deactivate the child lock, press and hold the SPIN and RINSE buttons again until the child lock light indicator on the control panel goes out.
2. To prevent any tiny fingers from tampering with the machine while a program is running.
After pressing the START/PAUSE button to start the wash cycle, press and hold the SPIN and RINSE buttons until the child lock light indicator illuminates. All buttons on the control panel will now be disabled until the child lock has been disabled. When the wash cycle has finished, you will need to switch the child lock off again to reactivate the buttons. Once you have finished using the washer, reactivate the child lock again before switching the power off as above.
The feature can also be used when using the delayed start feature, but needs to be set after pressing the START/PAUSE button.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have lift off!!! Thank you so much. I have rated you with a very happy face!!!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Geraldine!!!
Im so happy I could help! Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael