bryanpaul52
bryanpaul52, Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech
10522817

Whirlpool 3RAWZ480ESQ0 -Heavy Duty 10K - Stopped working, would

Whirlpool 3RAWZ480ESQ0 -Heavy Duty 10K - Stopped working, would not start. Have 240v to inside and the start switch seems to have continuity across two terminals tested with a mulitimeter but I know it takes a feed from the door closed switch before it will start ?? I can hear the mirco switch activating on the door closed switch but have not checked yet on a meter as I seem to now need to completely remove the front to gain access to this. Does this unit have an internal overload switch which needs resetting. Your advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Cory.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cory, sorry to hear that. How old is your dryer?
I will help you fix this.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It about 6 years old - hard wired into the mains 16 amp supply.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cory , try this for me, open the dryer, with it empty, turn the dru, does it spin freely or have resistance?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Moves quite freely, sounds as if something is rubbing slightly but I would not say enough to stop the motor rotating the drum. might just be the belt and pulleys.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cory, that means the belt has broken.
I will help you replace that its easy.
The best place to get the belt is Espares. I have listed their contact info below for you its best to call to be sure you get the correct belt.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Cory and have a wonderful Weekend!
Tech Michael
Cory please call Espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have the top, front top and front bottom completely of the machine so I can see the belt and it is all OK, not snapped.

Please advise what to check now.

Cory

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  bryanpaul52 replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help ? Please let me know, Thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please.

Machine is not responding at all. I know I have power but it is as if the start switch or door switch or timer dial is not working correctly. The belt is OK, checked.

Okay please stand by while I pull up the info on your machine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thank you

this unit is showing an internal fuse. That's most likely your issue. click this link to see the fuse. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b5p8/Whirlpool-Dryer-Fuse/W10111181/1447584?modelNumber=3RAWZ480ESQ0 I will look up diagrams now. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b5p8/Whirlpool-Dryer-Fuse/W10111181/1447584?modelNumber=3RAWZ480ESQ0 Fuse - Part #(###) ###-####Mfg Part # *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** be great.

Okay it looks like the fuse is inline and could be in a fuse holder in this . heres the diagram. The fuse should be under the top if you remove the top of the machine. the fuse is number 21. //f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/W0705026-00001.png Whirlpool Residential Dryer Model 3RAWZ480ESQ0 Top and console Parts Diagram

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Perfect, thank you. Found the fuse and yes it has blown. Do these normally go over time or might I have another problem?

They can sometimes just go, All fuses are the same as far as failing. You never know when they will fail. It doesn't mean theres an issue with the dryer though. It may have just been weak. You should be all set after you replace it. We use the honor system here at Just Answer so please remember to rate my service before you leave. Thanks and good job ! Bryan
bryanpaul52, Customer Service
Experience: Appliance Tech