Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hoover condenser tumble dryer VHC 180 - empty water light will

Customer Question

Hoover condenser tumble dryer VHC 180 - empty water light will not go off so dryer not working. How do I clear the valve/filter
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, howl old is your dryer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2008. I think this happened once before and the 'valve' was blocked by lint. I also think the engineer showed me how to clear it - can I remember or did I take notes. No to both!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Olivia,
this is caused by a bad sensor, on this model you cant clean that sensor you need to replace it. Its the sensor that monitors the water container.
Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools. I will help you if you want to do this.
The best place to get that part is Espares.
I have listed all their contact info below for you, even if you have an engineer do this it will cost far less if you already have that part;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Olivia and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Please call :
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I assume this is the correct part:-

Hoover Tumble Dryer Water Container Valve for VHC 180/180

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes that looks like the one ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael - just to let you know that I was able to take the old part off the dryer and give it a good clean. As I suspected it was clogged with lint. I just put it back once clean and the dryer is now working fine.

Thank you for helping me find the right place to start.

I have already rated as Good.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome you got lucky with that one;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michaael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
0