Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Forgive a silly question. My NEFF fan cooker - some years old

Forgive a silly question. My NEFF fan cooker - some years old now - seems to have decided that the time is 23.27 when it is 11.27 and that when the AUTO sign is on the screen panel on the left the cooker itself will not function. Is it waiting for 23.27? Have turned the mains on and off and everything works except the fan and the electric grills.
*****@******.***
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

After switching the mains off and on is the clock now flashing 0:00?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good question : but no. Returns to the time it showed before I turned everything off. I feel certain this is something silly and simple so I feel awkward..the buttons under the panel - the [- and the -} and the one on the right with the hand are pretty ancient , as is the one for setting up both the clock and the one for setting the time for pre-cooked meals.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok the time it shows wont make a difference to it working but if its showing AUTO then this will.

Try turning the power off at the wall and leave it 1 minute and then turn it back on and see if its flashing 0:00. If so then try and set the clock and see if this clears the auto.

If not can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks. We inherited this NEFF and the info and pamphlets are long gone, partly because they are so reliable it makes one complacent. There is no

model name or any other information either inside or outside to take us further. I shall do as you suggest and fingers crossed.

First time I have tried this way of getting expert info and it is great!

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you open the main oven door theres usually a rating plate on the side that has the model details on. It will start E-nr.

But fingers crossed turning off for a minute or so will allow the clock to reset itself.