Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

hi i have taken off door of my oven to clean and am having

Customer Question

hi i have taken off door of my oven to clean and am having great difficulty getting it back on.how do i put back on?
model number EOC5440AOX
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
When you took the door off, did you lock the hinges or did you simply force the door off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI

i followed the instructions from user manual to a t . dont think i forced it. i can send you details of how i took it off if u want

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, so did you lock the hinges open?
If you did, what is the problem you are having refitting?

Do the tongues go into the slots in the oven?
Are you locating the cut out on the underside of the hinge onto the metal plate in the slot?
Are you unlocking the hinges when you have refitted the door?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tongues on door are are going into slots on oven but not fully

dont know how to unlock hinges when refitting door

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if you followed the instructions to a T you would have fully opened the door and flipped the locks over.
There is a picture of this in the instruction manual.

Did you actually do this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, so it should simply be a case of reversing the process.

Where is it failing?
I'm trying to determine at what point you are actually having the problem fitting the door and what the problem actually is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i put door back into slots on oven the right hand hinge not catching . the flip catch on the oven doesnt seem to be locking in, maybe this makes clearer for you

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, are you saying one of the hinges isn't locked open?

There's nothing for the hinge to catch on, it simply slots in and the cut out on the underside mates with the plate in the slot.

If the hinge isn't locked open, you won't manage this.

Let me know if this is the case.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your time but im not making any progress here . will call my supplier tomorrow

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Mike I have done a lot of these. The best way is to remove the hinges from the oven side, then attach them to the door. Then you can reassemble that much easier and safer.
Please let me know if you need more advice on this and I will help you further;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael