Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

6 week old Samsung washing machine WF70F5E2W4W wont start.......

6 week old Samsung washing machine WF70F5E2W4W
won't start....... switched on ok ...seems frozen...can't change programme.....child lock is on by accident !.....does this make a difference ?
Please get it to work !!!!!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you start a new cycle and what is shown on the fascia

Ron
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Rob,

I'm panicking. I don't know what I've signed up to.....and feel I can't continue. Again, sorry. I Thought it was a one-off £26 payment, but I think it's a monthly fee and I can't afford it. I can't see how to just have the one-off

How do I get out of this......

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Amanda

Let me explain

This is a "proper " website, honest!

Please dont be alarmed, Im a real person in real time!

You have pledged to pay for an answer and this can be as a one off payment, thats fine.

However, you have accidentally signed up for a subsription, but I can get that removed for you, no problem.

Please let me know if youd like to continue with your one off only question re your washing machine? If so, please can you let me have your answers to my previous questions

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks !

I'll see what I can do......and it's just a one-off please.....

When I switch it on, the tune plays, and the dial lights up for daily wash, and it won't change, even though the dial itself turns.

on the fascia.......the 4 lights are lit across the top.....

under the first one, and above the temp. controls, the child lock face is lit up.

the wash time is the usual 1.35.

I can't change any of the settings such as the temp..it's at 30,

the spin is at 800 ,the top 2 lights are on the option setting, , and the light on the delay setting is the top one and it looks like a little shirt.

When I press the on/pause button, it just goes "ping", and the child lock light blinks several times.

The door shuts, but doesn't lock.

I don't use the machine much.... I collect a load , so it's only been used half a dozen times. I did put the child lock on yesterday to see what it did as a child will be staying here soon.

Hope this helps diagnose and solve the problem.

I'd describe it as "frozen"

Amanda

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Amanda
What a great description.... thanks very much

The problem IS the child lock

With this ON only the main button will do anything, everything else is locked.

To turn this off press and hold the TEMP and SPIN buttons together for about 3 seconds and the lock will go off.

You will then be able to use the machine normally.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help

Once you have rated, I will send this in to have your subscription cancelled, that way you will only pay for this one question

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rob, you are a genius !.......

The machine is working happily , and I'm happy .

Please would you make sure that I am only paying for the one-off, and not a subscription.....then I'll be super-pleased....

Amanda

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi AManda

See, I told you I was a real person...lol

PLease rate using the smiley faces , and Ill send the question in to have the subscription cancelled, promise !

All the best
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.