Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko washing machine makes a sound like chains rattling

My Beko washing machine makes a sound like chains rattling when on spin cycle, it does NOT wobble or vibrate unduly and the drain pump is clear. The sound seems to come from the area of the location of the motor.Can you help
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you turn the drum by hand do you hear the noise?

Also have you tried removeing the belt from the back of the washer and set it going and see if it makes the noise without the drum turning just the motor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does not make the noise when i rotate drum, drum does not feel loose or wobbly. Have not removed belt but have looked underneath machine and rotate motor using the belt, it doe not make a noise.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so is it only doing it when the washer is at high spin speed?

If so and the drum isn't loose or wobberly then its possibley something stuck inbetween the drums which lay under the heater and when spinning fast it comes up and causes a noise.

If you have a tourch what you need to do is open the washer door and try and stick you head and arm in if you can and place the tourch flat on the drum and try and look into the holes and turn the drum slowerly and see if theres anything under there. Look around the heater which will be in the bottom of the drum as we do find a lot of Bra wires in there that get caught.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am going to try that, did get a coin out of pump and possibly piece of bra wire out previously. Motor does not chatter when turned and nothing seems to be loose anywhere else.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if anything else seems to be ok ie the pump isn't blocked, the drum isn't loose or wobbley and the motor is fine its got to be something stuck in the drum.

If there is then the way to get it out is remove the back panel and there you will see the heater in the back of the drum at the bottom.

Remove the heater and then you can fish what ever it is out from the gap there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried that but can't see anything.It would seem to be the most likely solution.Will it cause further problems or is it likely to end up in the drain? Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If it is something stuck in there then it will just end up in the filter so just keep an eye on it and see how it goes and after every wash just check the filter and see if its ended up in there.