Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my BOSCH Maxx (when i load and press the start button) sits

Customer Question

my BOSCH Maxx (when i load and press the start button) sits there humming (no water in ) and eventually the active light (which has turned on when I push the start button) starts to flash indefinitely
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you open the door and tell me the ENr from the plate there.

Can you try any new cycle, and when its starts to hum, try to open the door. Is it locked or can you open it?
Lastly, does the humming seem to come from the back of the machine?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried on spin machine started, which made a "grinding noise and is now back on 60 (which I usually use) and now running normally I hav'nt seen it end the cycle yet!!

E-Nr no. wfl2206uk/01 fd 7903 02665

IT has now completed the cycle (by Spinning) in about 3-4 minutes and then opened!! (un washed)

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

Ok, so if you now start a new wash cycle and when its starts to hum, try to open the door. Is it locked or can you open it?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Door is locked hard to say about humming it could be from the front (?) Appliance is buried in a fitted kitchen so hard to tell.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John
Thats great, thanks
This sounds like it is the inlet valve at fault.

This will mean dragging the machine out, after disconecting the power

Removing the lid and testing the coil of the valve. This is the part the inlet hose is attached to

If you need more help, please let me know, but you will need to re check that model number as that isnt correct

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may not be able to test the m/c for several days yet to see whether or not has worked can I have a reference to speak to you (or one of your other engineers

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

You can just paste back here on this page and Ill get the message when im online

Rob